Conditions of Entry
Although the NSW Public Health Order which only allows double vaccinated people to enter Clubs will be relaxed on 15 December, we have decided to continue to permit entry only to fully vaccinated people.
The health and safety of our staff, patrons and our community is our highest priority.
The Club made this decision for the following reasons:
- The Club has a duty to ensure the health and safety of staff and customers under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW), and under general law.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated have a higher risk of transmitting the coronavirus to workers and patrons. For instance, the Doherty Modelling Report, prepared for the National Cabinet, states that people fully vaccinated with the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines have an overall reduction in transmission of 79% and 93%, respectively.
- Moreover, subclause 1.3(f) of the Public Health (COVID-19 General) Order 2021 states “the risk [to public health in NSW] is from and among people who remain unvaccinated because these people are more likely to be infected, more at risk of severe illness and death resulting from infection with SARS-CoV-2, and more likely to transmit the infection to others, than fully vaccinated people”.
- Given the overwhelming research supporting these findings, precluding patrons who are not fully vaccinated will reduce the likelihood that fully vaccinated staff and patrons will be exposed to the coronavirus, or contract COVID-19.
- While the Club is implementing other controls to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission, as outlined in its COVID-19 safety plan, the level of mitigation from excluding those who are not fully vaccinated cannot be achieved through other available controls.
We appreciate your understanding.